“The investments we make in ourselves will always deliver the most profitable returns.” Sumner Davenport
On the journey to significance, on of the greatest investment is Self-investment.
In investing, what at times is comfortable is rarely profitable. To live a significant life, you will have to step out of your comfort zone and deny yourself of some certain things in order to realize the best of who you are. As a matter of fact, accepting the norm and doing the same thing over again can be boring, learn to stretch yourself, and try something new.
When was the last time you did something you loved?
What have you done to be better in the past month?
What and whom do you listen to?
By creating new, unique and more efficient ways of doing things in your life, you will find yourself more capable of leading a significant charge towards accomplishing your desired success
“Success doesn’t come to you, you go to it.” – Marie Colling
5 ways to invest in yourself
- Meditate and Do something Spiritual. Pray, Fast, Read books that will edify your spirit and transform your mind positively.
- Educate yourself in areas you find unique, and ideas will follow. Learn something new every day. You experience no progress when you remain at the same level of knowledge.
- Do the right thing always! And if you don’t know stop and figure out what it is. Make smart decisions.
- Learn to say NO. Access yourself and do what you can handle, be focused on what you really want to do and on what matters the most.
- Read a lot, Find topics that interest you and get access to Books, Podcasts, Audiobooks, etc. that will help you in learning about your subject of interest. Ordinary people seek entertainment. Extraordinary people seek education and learning. There exists greater riches in knowledge, wisdom, than in all the money in the world.
“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
If you don’t purposefully carve time out every day to progress and improve yourself, your time will get lost in the vacuum of our increasingly busy schedules and crowded life, before you know it, you’ll be old and weakened — wondering where all that time went.
What’s the point of piling up enough tomorrows and end up finding out you are left with nothing but empty yesterdays.
Do what you love. Oftentimes, it is the simplest things that deliver the most profound joy, don’t postpone your simple pleasures, whether you like to read or sing, dance or hike. And do not leave till tomorrow what you can do today.
Invest in yourself. Never sell yourself short on dreams that you know you truly want. It is easy to forget that the most coveted things are not easily attained. Go beyond what may seem like your limits and you will succeed in maximizing your return.
Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you
Invest in yourself, you can Afford it!
Have a great week.
God Bless you.
* * *
Thank you for reading another episode of The Journey to Significance, Hoping you’ll leave a comment also.
Writter by: Adekunle Oluwadara
* * *
Read all other post in this series by clicking; The Journey to Significance
BB Channel: C0043C2A1