My desire to build a relationship that works inspired me to write out the pledges on which any romantic relationship I’m in will be built upon. I will also advise you to do this: build your relationship on the right foundation. And if the foundation is already set, then build the pillars. Remember, if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Vows/Pledges serve as guides, templates, guards to make you see when you are running off a defined path, they are principles with which you desire to be subjected to, mostly because of the kind of result/end you desire.
I pledge to:
- Love you with all I am and with all I have, never holding anything back.
- Truthful to you, to be open 100%, to never keep a secret from you, or even delay in telling you the truth. You will be my number one confidant.
- Honour and respect your view and to give priority to your interests and choices.
- Honour your emotions, to never demand what I’m not ready to protect and to never exploit your weakness or use them against you.
- Respect your body, to handle you with chastity and royalty like you are.
- Nurture you into maturity in the ways of the Word of God and to help you in your walk with God
- Spoil you with my resources, holding nothing back, apart from the percentage jointly agreed upon to build our future with.
- Honour your parents, to see them and treat them like they are mine.
- Handle my family separate from my home.
- Encourage and support your dreams or/and chosen career.
- Pray for you before night falls every day.
- Defend and stand for you whenever, and wherever you are being spoken against (even if you are wrong).
- Never to lay a finger on you either when I’m “in” or out of my mind.
- Never allow the sun set over my anger with you. (i.e. Go to sleep angry with you).
- Solemnly decline any request that I consider unwholesome or biblically inappropriate
- Never introduce a third party in our relationship. Our discussions will be between just us.
Feel free to adopt my pledge to my lover and make them yours; just be genuine and sincere about every one of them. Please feel free to share yours with me; I might just want to add more to my list ;).
Hope you saw the previous post MY PLEDGE TO MY LORD. Kindly check it out and I’m so eager to share with the world your own pledges too in response to that blog post.
BB Channel: C0043C2A1
BB Pin: 2B9F2718
[sam id=”2″ codes=”true”]